Benefits of GPS Implementation on School Buses
- Safety — Track all buses in real-time so parents can be notified of the actual arrival time of the buses, minimizing the time children have to wait, exposed to bad weather or other dangers. Alerts can also be set up so that fleet managers receive a message the instant buses enter a no-go zone, or drivers engage in unsafe driving.
- Cost-savings — Monitor bus driving patterns to make sure drivers operate their vehicles efficiently, eliminating unnecessary idling, observing speed limits and not taking detours. And because GPS tracking is considered an anti-theft device by most insurance companies, you can save on insurance premiums, too.
- Time — Avoid time-consuming manual collection of fleet activity needed for state reports and compliance with CSA 2010. With GPS tracking this information is automatically collected and reported, which saves time and minimizes errors for both drivers and fleet managers.
- Better maintenance — Improve the regularity and timeliness of preventative maintenance with automatic GPS tracking on vehicles. Know in advance when bus servicing is due to minimize downtime and unwanted breakdowns, as well as allowing sufficient time to schedule substitute buses. Accurate mileage tracking also means better warranty recovery — another cost saving.
- Environmental accountability — Optimize routing and track engine idling to minimize your impact on the environment, trim pollutant emissions, and reduce your fleet’s carbon footprint. Proudly report on your ‘green fleet’ metrics to shareholders, parents, the DOE or OPT (Office of Pupil Transportation), making your school bus fleet more likely to be the vendor of choice.